Rate: £24 ltd per hour
Job Type: Contract
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 27 April 2017
State-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars. The purpose of the role is to support new platform creation within New Model Launch.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Carry out vehicle, module and component level benchmark for Wind Noise.
• Support vehicle, module and component level target definition for future programmes with internal and external parties.
• Develop upon existing methodology, guidelines and processes to support the design, development, and manufacture of a Wind Noise free vehicle.
• Responsibility for Wind Noise attribute between VP - J1+90 build-phases, proactively fault finding issues, completing off-tracks vehicle evaluations, introducing eCMS Containments & tracking faults.
• Presenting build status for Wind Noise prevention to seniors at gateways and LCMs
• Carry out contribution and sensitivity analysis for issues to assure target sign-off.
• Support NVH Wind Noise Programme Attribute Team (PAT) activities; attend Programme Module Steering Team (PMST) meetings; report, discuss and help resolution of all Wind Noise related Concerns.
• Support other NVH attribute teams as required including Squeak and Rattle, Powertrain, Body & Chassis roles.
• Oversee launch CCV mileage assessments, completing pre-mid-post evaluations.
• Support internal and external component, buck, vehicle & environmental tests.
• Liaise with suppliers, PMSTs, New Model Launch (NML), Current Vehicle Engineering (CVE), Press Garage (MVEC) and virtual series (VS) teams to share Wind Noise issue knowledge, develop lessons learnt and improve current vehicle line-up from conception to customer & to achieve all requirements / targets.
• Follow Programme Control System (MISSION) process and ensure all required information and actions are completed within requested time.
• Development of various tracking systems and documents for logging, analysing and presenting new Wind Noise issues.
• Additional tasks may be added depending on skills of the applicant.
Qualifications & Experience
• The candidate should be degree qualified, preferably with NVH content, or working towards an equivalent qualification.
• Overall vehicle & build knowledge is essential, considerable practical experience of company products would support application in lieu of formal qualifications.
• A good understanding of general NVH is essential.
• A good understanding of design guidelines for wind and noise; test, development, and verification requirements; plus manufacturing process and verification.
• Experience ideally in NVH development or Wind Noise mitigation.
• Experience of working in NVH test environment.
• Subjective evaluation of vehicle attributes.
• Ability to process, analysis and report test data, use of Excel & Powerpoint
• Good knowledge and mentality on problem solving process (e.g. 8D, 6 sigma).
• Knowledge on MISSION or equivalent product creation process (GPDS, NPI).
• Knowledge of LMS Test.Lab, HEAD ArtemiS, GFaI Acoustic Camera Noise Image.
• A proactive approach to problem solving and vehicle attribute improvement.
• Ability to work confidently alone or as part of a team.
• Good communication skill with various departments and management levels.
• Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs.
• Competent in all Microsoft Office toolset
• Competence in use of Teamcentre vis toolset to support issue resolution with CAD.
• Ability to work additional hours to get the job done, either during the week or weekends.
• Drive permit from OEM’s or equivalent is desirable.