Rate: £28-30 per hour
Job Type: Contract
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 14 July 2017
This role exists to enable the production of in house calibration for our future engine families. To develop calibrations for the Powertrain on test beds and in vehicle. To manage the calibration test programmes and the numerous suppliers required achieving delivery of a fully certified vehicle calibration system meeting the programme objectives. To assess and feedback issues to the Powertrain calibration team to enable the calibration to meet European and US certification standards.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Lead and support Transmission calibration activity on defined projects, assimilate and distribute knowledge within the team reporting to the Powertrain Calibration manager
• Ability to act as Technical project lead for new Transmission calibration functions
• Lead transmission calibration development as defined Transmission Calibration Lead.
• Be part of a project team to create and develop the various aspects of calibration for all Aston Martin Vehicles
• Manage and support external facilities and suppliers to achieve Calibration team goals
• Represent the company externally at a senior level with regard to calibration activities and supplier visits
• Report progress vs plans at Director level within AML
• Prepare project-timing plans for the Powertrain and programme teams to support model year actions and major design changes.
• Prepare reports of all findings from Test bed, Vehicle testing and environmental testing of the vehicle, and present these to all levels up to director technical meetings
• Initiate and prepare modifications to the calibration on future model year actions
• Guide, direct and train to develop other team members
Qualifications & Experience
• Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
• Experience within automotive vehicle manufacturer in a Powertrain Calibration function
• Recent direct experience of application of new technologies including Calibration of Automatic transmissions.
• Full driving license
• Ability to work in hot and cold climates
• Prepared to support overseas suppliers on a regular basis