Salary: Dependent on Experience
Industry: Built Environment & Infrastructure
Job Type: Permanent
Expiration date: 06 July 2017
We are working in partnership with one of the UK’s leading construction and development companies.
An Opportunity is available for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience in Construction and building developments.
*Prepare monthly cost reports and management reports forecasting accurately from commencement to completion of the project on financial and progress issues on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Procurement is generally undertaken by the Procurement Department, however the QS are to confirm the budgets and review the contents of the subcontractor orders.
• Advise the Commercial Director of any potential disputes arising between the division and the Subcontractors.
• Respond to all subcontractors correspondence where required.
• Take ownership of your project with the relevant contracts manager for both progress and commercial matters.
• Ensure continuous communication with other team members to review contract progress and address immediately associated issues.
• Attending site as required to review issues including providing solutions and advice to ensure successful project completion.
• Ensuring the workforce employed on site are treated fairly and communication is filtered through to them.
• Ensure that payment applications for subcontractors are paid in accordance with the conditions agreed and provide accordingly any supporting information relevant to their claim.
• Properly advise the client of variations and forecasting of the account including advising them of progress and delays and supporting this with relevant document correspondence.
• Identify training needs of team members and liaise with Training Manager
• Ensure best value and quality for the division.
• Be proactive in promoting company for future projects.
• Delegate tasks to QS / Assistant and Trainee.
• Strong time management and assertiveness
• Health & Safety awareness
• Full analytical pricing
• Ability to quantify and work on own initiative
• Be able to produce orders with little / no supervision
• Be able to produce Cost appraisals / Budget
Essential Experience :
• NVQ Level 4, HND, Degree or equivalent experience
• Excellent knowledge of Contract Law
• Experience in residential, apartment schemes, city centre developments is desirable