Rate: Dependent on Experience
Job Type: Contract
Location: North West
Expiration date: 13 July 2017
We are working in partnership with a joint venture partnership that is designing and constructing a major nuclear project.
Buyer reporting to the Supply Chain Manager. Responsible for the procurement of goods/materials for the project including direct and indirect materials to meet the programme and commercial requirements of the project.
Additional activities will include:
• Working closely with the logistics team to manage material requirements
• Preparation of Invitation to Tenders, including inputting in to procurement strategy documents as required.
• Carrying out supplier evaluations and conducting negotiations to enable the shortlisting of suppliers
• Supporting final negotiations with selected suppliers
• Preparing material and subcontract orders in accordance with the Joint Venture and the client’s procurement governance
• Liaise with the project team to assist with the resolution of supply issues as and when required
• Provide monthly reports on supplier performance
• Monitor the supply market to identify potential new suppliers and products and meet with suppliers to understand their products
• Focus on exceeding minimum service expectations by delivering an agile, value adding service with a deep understanding of the client’s requirements, technical competence, functional knowledge and process efficiency.
• Establish performance led, long term supplier relationships focusing on value for money, service & product quality and continuous improvement to drive competitive advantage for the project.
• Support supply chain engagement events, Sustainable Procurement and associated socio-economic activities
• Proven capability of working within a procurement capacity including in negotiation and process compliance.
• Ideally within a construction related environment on projects greater than £100m (preferable)
• Experience of working with in a JV environment is preferable
• The role will require excellent analytical skills, strong commercial awareness, a measured approach to decision making and the ability to ensure best value procurement.
Essential Experience :
• The ability to obtain BPSS and a P4 pass is essential for continuance in the role