Salary: £38,000-43,000 GBP per year
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 24 July 2017
To assist in the support of the significant growth plan of the Aston Martin Approved Specialist Body Repair program.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• To assist in the identification and selection of suitable body repair candidates, in-line with the growth plan.
• To assist in the facilitation and control of the strategy development through third parties, support the co-ordination of the associated activities related to this, including training associated with the new body repair techniques to Approved repairers.
• To assist in the management of the day-to-day support and development of the Approved repairers.
• To asses, authorise and when necessary challenge, Warranty Paint Repair Estimates from the Body Repair Network Through liaison with Product Development, that Design for Repair is implemented at every opportunity.
• Identification and evaluation of prospective body repair centres – globally.
• Assist in the development and controlled deployment of repair strategies for new and existing Aston Martin vehicles.
• Co-ordinate training courses through liaison with training provider, additionally maintain levels of up-to-date training with appointed repairer network.
• To operate an “up-stream” design for repair strategy with Product Development, ensuring optimum repair techniques are considered, whilst minimising cost of repair.
• Ability to negotiate contractual terms for repair strategy development with external agencies. Also negotiation for the most effective training appropriate to the developing network of Aston Martin Approved repairers.
Qualifications & Experience
• Ideally educated to degree standard combined with relevant experience.
• Working within a constrained timescale that meets departmental deliverables and objectives.
• Responsibility for the effective provision of aftermarket repair capability for Aston Martin.
• Ability to control and co-ordinate timely actions for the developing network of Aston Martin Approved repairers. Also to project manage new vehicle strategy development provided by external agencies, within financial and resource guidelines.
• An extensive understanding of vehicle body construction methods, combined with an affinity to identify and optimise the most effective method of accident repair of Aston Martin vehicles.
• A proficient understanding of the aftermarket repair industry, with an ability to effectively recruit “the right” candidates for the Aston Martin repairer network.