Salary: £33000 - £37000
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 30 June 2017
Support Programme Leader in delivery of programme and assist in development of new process to support business.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
The role exists to support the relevant programme team in various areas including, but not restricted to; Programme Timing, Product Definition documentation, ETRs creation and tracking, Controlling and issuing PMXU charts, Commodity Strategy and System Selection. In addition to this core role, there is an additional requirement to support the Process Development Department with tasks as assigned.
• Creating Engineering Timing Release Schedule for new programmes as required
• Organising and running review meetings with engineering to identify release requirements.
• Liaising with Programme Teams to understand overall releasing timing requirements with regards to product definition and Material Required Dates (MRD)
• Checking Releases as they are submitted in line with process and updating ETRs accordingly
• Retiming releases in line with process
• Generating reports and metrics to support programme team in Reviews, PST meetings and Gateways as required
• Reports generated and distributed to aid in data population
• Support release meetings as required to provide/gain information
• Ensuring ETRs is up to date at all times to support programme requirements
Commodity Progression Tracker:
• Creating Commodity Progression Tracker (CPT) for new programmes as required
• Organising and running meetings with engineering to identify commodities changing specific to product definition
• Update CPT with commodity as required & liaise with programme coordinators to create System Selection Trackers
• Lead regular meetings to update CPT in line with programme timing requirements
• Provide metrics as required to support meetings and Gateways
• Highlight any issues to programme team on a regular basis
SEL (Strategic Evaluation Letter) and PDL (Product Definition Letter):
• Creating SEL and PDL documents as required dependant on programme phase
• Updating and gaining approval for re-issuing documentation in line with Mission Gateways
PMXU (Product Definition highlighting New/Carry over/Modified Parts):
• Creating PMXU chart at appropriate programme stage to communicate which parts are New/Carry Over/Modified.
• Update PMXU throughout life of programme as required in line with changes to product definition
Vehicle Programme Plan (VPP):
• Creating Timing plan for programme incorporating commodity timings & input from affected areas of the business
• Update and re-issue as required through life of programme
Qualifications & Experience
• Automotive or Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent relevant experience.
• Extensive experience within automotive industry, preferably with a broad range of experience
• Knowledge of the Release Process would be an advantage
• Expert user of Microsoft Office tools particularly PowerPoint and Excel
• Experienced project coordination skills or clear evidence of leadership ability.
• Confident and authoritative presentation skills, and excellent organisation skills
• Passionate about the product promoting pride throughout the programme.
• Able to build up good working relationships across a wide area of the business.