Salary: £33,000-37,000 GBP per year
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 06 June 2017
Coordinate and aid the delivery of colour and trim content for all programmes
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
The role exists to be responsible for all aspects of Colour & Trim delivery for all programmes. The primary role is to define and ensure delivery of all affected components from the definition inputted from Design, Product Marketing, PMT areas, Manufacturing and other affected areas within the context of the relevant Programme. Delivery to meet the quality, cost and timing constraints identified within the programme. The component responsibility is across the whole car and includes components from Interior and Exterior Trim, BIW, Chassis, Powertrain and Electrical. Key fact holder for selected Colour and Trim commodities.
• Assist in defining the Colour & Trim Content of programmes using a standard Colour and Trim (C&T) Definition Document working closely with Design (owners), Programme team, Product Marketing, Strategy & Planning, Product Development and other internal departments.
• Develop a Colour & Trim Definition Document that enables the communication of the requirements of Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Service, Design, Marketing, Quality, Supply, Supplier, programme & Product Development.
• To request, pursue and collate testing & master sample plaques and parts (including raising quotes), submit to lab, liaise with lab and suppliers regarding results, failures and passes. Initiate loops as required, with feedback to the relevant Designer.
• Support concept trim & finish feasibility work for new materials where required
• Project manage the sourced finish / trim supplier (in conjunction with the substrate owner where applicable) to deliver fully engineered materials meeting all engineering and programme targets to required timing reporting progress as appropriate
• Lead and publish minutes / actions resulting from C&T PMST’s
• Organise & deliver communication sessions and presentations for new model C&T content
• Support commodity and supplier PMST’s where required from a C&T perspective
• Develop, in conjunction with the individual Development Teams, the full DVP and supplier D&D tests by programme for affected components and systems
• Ensure C&T specification of prototype vehicles is aligned with Design and Engineering requirements
• Ensure trim material pattern development completed to allow release timing to be achieved
• Ensure effective communication of changes to the Launch and Manufacturing Teams
• Interface with the NMO department to ensure that AAR and Mastering is delivered on an appropriate timescale to support programme objectives
• Colour buy-off. Panels painted by the robots need to be approved
• Organise fan decks of all colours with On Wheels Repair
• Support new products & technologies DVP & line trials such as Primers & Clearcoat
• Support relevant cost down meetings
• Organise DuPont work priorities
• New colour introduction – Prioritise customer & programme colours. Ensure process is followed and deliver within timing
• Support deliverables via the Mission Product Development system
• Lead regular project reviews with nominated suppliers
• Support selected programme PMST’s with reporting of status against specific programme requirements
• Raise, progress and lead resolution of concerns
• Support PST’s, gateways, other business reviews and the change management process
• Support and if necessary lead DFMEA’s and FMA processes. Input to manufacturing PFMEA where applicable
• Control all design changes in line with programme timing objectives.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Extensive experience within automotive industry, preferably with a broad range of experience, particularly within Paintshop, Interior Trim and materials design and delivery.
• Knowledge of the AMPCS/GPDS process and participation in PMST teams would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of the Failure Mode Avoidance techniques and processes would be an advantage.
• Expert user of Microsoft Office tools particularly PowerPoint and Excel
• Experienced project coordination skills or clear evidence of leadership ability.
• Confident and authoritative presentation skills.
• Excellent organisation skills.
• Should be self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Passionate about the product promoting pride throughout the programme.
• Able to build up good working relationships across a wide area of the business.
• Full valid UK driving license.