Salary: £35000 - £38000
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 06 June 2017
The role exists to work with the minimum of supervision within the Body Interiors Department on the design, development and release of interior trim components. The primary role is to support the PMST and supervise the Senior Engineer in the production of finished designs and drawings ensuring all programme and component attribute/performance targets have been met or exceeded
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Review of detailed drawings to drafting standards including identification of SC’s/CC’s, reference points and individual part tolerances
• Preparation and ownership of engineering release packs where required
• Work under the direction of Programme Module Sub Team leader on a day to day basis
• Supervise the Senior Engineer in the development of components to meet the targets
• Support Computer Aide Design Engineer in the development of robust designs
• Support pre-production build events
• Support virtual build events
• Support tolerance studies to ensure manufacturing compatibility
• Support generation of Design Verification Plan and Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis studies
• Ownership of concerns resolution including interim containment actions where required
• Liaison with external suppliers on technical issues
• Liaison with internal departments as required
Qualifications & Experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent within an engineering related discipline with automotive experience in component design.
• Experience of legislative and DV requirements for the design of interior trim.
• Experienced in the design of interior trim componentry
• Knowledge of interior trim components, NVH & Carpets, plastic injection moulding components, Vac formed parts, S-RIMM, machined metal products and metal bracketry etc.
• Knowledge of leather trimming and mechanism systems would also be advantageous.
• A working knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Good ability to clearly present information to all levels in the organisation.
Knowledge of NX an advantage
• Knowledge of the Failure Mode Avoidance techniques and processes would be an advantage.
• The ideal candidate will be a focused, highly motivated, results orientated individual who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
• Ability to work well within a team environment is essential.
• Driving licence, Medical clearance to drive company vehicles.