Salary: £33,000-37,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 11 October 2017
Control and coordinate prototype parts with PMT areas.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• The PPC will be responsible for maintaining and updating prototype BOM’s with part tracking information gathered from different PMT areas (Engineering, MP&L, Purchasing, Prototype Workshop, Finance)
• The PPC will assist the PPL, and take an active part in the creation of prototype bills of materials.
• The PPC will work with the PMT areas and prototype workshop on the coordination & supply of prototype and production parts into the business from suppliers both internal & external.
• The PPC will track parts via the BOM for specific builds using purchase order information (order numbers, timing, quantities etc.)
• PPC will change manage the BOM updating with adds/deletes as they arise.
• PPC will raise PCR’s or internal transfer requests where required for both engineering and production parts.
• Assist PMT areas with expediting purchase requests through various systems both internal & external.
• Work with different AML departments to ensure parts are delivered on time to support prototype builds.
• Assist the PPL in parts tracking meetings
• Assist the PPL with the tracking and resolution of build issues generated during Prototype build activities.
• Communicate with Finance to generate reports to track spend against budget.
Qualifications & Experience
• Automotive engineering degree or equivalent qualification desirable
• Previous BOM management and control essential
• Previous parts management & coordination desirable
• Knowledge of production vehicle assembly from start to finish essential
• Experience in low volume prototype build methods desirable
• Knowledge & experience of prototype part production methods desirable
• Experience of financial tracking and reporting desirable
• Experience in using MS Office suite essential
• In depth experience of Excel desirable; data manipulation, referencing, formulae, macros etc.
• Experience in generation presentations and reports using data from BOM essential
• Excellent communication skills, plus being comfortable communicating with different levels within the business, is essential
• Ability to interpret then use data from spreadsheets to support meeting discussions and activities is essential
• Comfortable being in both an office and workshop environment essential
• Being a self-starter is essential
• Proactivity at closing down issues and open items is essential
• Must be happy to travel to different AML sites to support build activities/meetings as required essential