Rate: £30 - £32 per hour
Job Type: Contract
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 06 June 2017
The purpose of this role would be to lead the engineering and deliver Interior Trim systems to meet performance, quality, cost and timing targets.
Choosing your own Aston Martin is often the realisation of a dream. We want that moment and the process that follows to be perfectly aligned with your vision and intuitively matched to your tastes. Q by Aston Martin is our unique personalisation service that encourages your imagination to run free and allows us to create a car that is truly yours in every sense.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Performance target setting and validation plan (in conjunction with Body Development, CAE & relevant PAT).
• Lead the PMST team in the delivery of the system objectives and present progress on those objectives at programme reviews including PST’s and Gateways.
• Prepare and own project-timing plans for all system activities eg. Build support, DVP test plan.
• Project manage the sourced supplier to deliver fully engineered systems meeting all AML. engineering and programme targets.
• Key fact holder for selected programme commodities.
• FESO document ownership including engineering deviations as required.
• Creation of design specification, concept schemes and definition of master sections.
• Plan design activity to support programme timing (Detail Design Plan).
• Lead cross functional design reviews for system.
• Liaise with vehicle packaging to ensure complete vehicle integration.
• Liaise with PATs to ensure compatibility with relevant attribute targets.
• Create and own Engineering Releases (CAD, drawings, data transmittal note).
• Manage concerns, containments and permanent corrective actions.
• Represent commodity in VSIM, design reviews, package meetings, Virtual Series events and FDJ gateways.
• Supervise assigned team members, giving direction and workload priorities.
• Lead FMA activities (DFMEA, QHR, DoE).
• Maintain relevant project documentation (FESO document, DFMEA, Detail Design Plan).
Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering degree (or equivalent).
• Extensive experience within automotive engineering/product development.
• Extensive experience the design of Interior trim components and systems on new vehicle programmes.
• Knowledge of automotive product development processes.
• Proven track record in design of automotive body interior components or similar systems.
• Experience of leadership or clear evidence of leadership ability.
• Familiar with failure mode avoidance techniques including DFMEA.
• Proficient in MS Office tools: Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.