Rate: £12.30 an hour
Job Type: Contract
Location: North West
Expiration date: 22 May 2017
Working onsite at Stanlow Oil Refinery the Accounts Payable Assistant will receive, scan and process third party invoices and personal expense claims. Work with internal and external stakeholders and shared service centre to support on time payment.
• Achieve the performance target of 100% payment on-time, supporting the company’s commitment to the Government prompt payment initiative.
• Receive and record supplier invoices, statements, order confirmations, maintaining document control in line with the document retention system. Review and park invoices in SAP and complete process to ensure that the shared service centre can progress through to payment. Return incorrect invoices to third parties where applicable.
• Management of invoice flow to internal stakeholders to obtain accurate service entries or goods receipts within agreed timelines and follow escalation process as required.
• Provide helpdesk facility to Suppliers and internal stakeholders, using expertise and knowledge to assist with resolution of queries. Manage Supplier statements, interrogating SAP to assess and to confirm payment due dates, non-receipt of invoice etc.
• Process personal expense claims – verify and process, keeping confidentiality
• The high volume of invoices requires the ability to work accurately under pressure. The ability to manage and prioritise this consistently high volume of invoices, statements, calls and expense claims is essential.
• SAP Accounts Payable mastery is essential as is the ability to train others in the system.
• Knowledge of valuation systems is needed as this is a trigger for payment to key contractors.
• The Accounts Payable Assistant manages the interface across disciplines. Sound communication skills are essential as the work involves regular contact with the end users and colleagues in Operations, Finance and the Shared Service Centre. The work also involves direct contact with Suppliers where the individual will be representing the Company.
• Ability to understand and implement business processes and re-engineer to suit changes in working practice is a key requirement.
• The individual must be a team player; the Accounts Payable team is small, so teamwork and flexibility is vital.
The individual must be a self-starter capable of working in a consistently busy department where deadlines must be met. The processing of invoices is one part of a complex end to end purchasing process so the incumbent must understand the full requisition to pay process.