Salary: £25,000 - £32,000 pa
Industry: Built Environment & Infrastructure
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 08 September 2017
Roles and Responsibilities: • You will work as an acoustics specialist, within the environmental team. • You will be involved in the assessment of noise for various types of projects. • Whilst the majority of the work will focus on residential, commercial and mixed use development, you may also have the opportunity to provide acoustic expertise across other business sectors such as minerals, waste and renewables. • You will undertake noise monitoring, modelling and assessment works and be involved from the start to the completion of projects liaising with clients, other team members, employees across the company and third parties such as local authorities and transport consultants throughout the process.
• As you will be working as part of the wider noise and air quality service area, experience in air quality assessment work would be advantageous.
• As the successful applicant you will have at least 4 years’ experience working in the field of acoustics.
• You will need experience of noise monitoring and assessment procedures and be familiar and competent in the application of all relevant British Standards relating to residential and commercial development.
• You will have excellent organisational and numerical skills with experience of managing your own workload.
• Excellent communication skills, and confidence to liaise directly with clients is also preferred.
Essential Experience :
• It is essential that you are educated to degree level (or equivalent) with a first degree and/or masters qualification in Environmental Sciences (or similar) together with a post-graduate qualification in Acoustics.
• You will possess excellent report writing skills, and also have experience of noise modelling using SoundPLAN or similar software.