Salary: £40,000 – £55,000 per year
Industry: Built Environment & Infrastructure
Job Type: Permanent
Location: North West
Expiration date: 18 August 2017
Infrastructure/ Industrial/ Commercial/ Retail/ Public
Roles and Responsibilities:
Job Title – Principal Civil/Infrastructure Engineer
Permanent – Full time - 40 hours a week
Location - Liverpool
Reporting to the Directors, this role will be to lead a small team of Civil Engineers and manage the Civil and Infrastructure Engineering works on a variety of building projects. Candidates will require a sound technical knowledge of underground drainage design and highway/pavement design on buildings projects. Working for a large experienced Civil/ Structural Engineering design Consultancy.
• SuDS design experience including attenuation design and flow control.
• Flood Risk Assessment experience.
• Experience of drainage projects on all major building projects including commercial, residential, industrial etc.
• Roads and pavement design experience including all sub-base design and specifications, road alignments, tracking etc.
• Civils 3D preferred but not essential.
• Relevant Codes of Practice, British and European Design Standards, Building Regulations and Health & Safety legislation.
Skills and Abilities:
• Proven ability as a Civil/Infrastructure Engineer.
• Proven team management experience.
• Financial experience including ability to assess fees, monitor project costs, instigate change control procedures, create resource plans etc.
• Quality delivery experience including technical audits, CDM and maintaining standards.
• Hold a valid clean driving licence.
Competitive Salary 25 days + Holiday bank holidays
Company Pension Scheme
Must be IT literate with experience of structural design software packages.
Hold a valid driving licence.
Confident and self-motivated.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team, communicate effectively with clients, management and staff.
Degree in Civil and/or Structural Engineering
Chartered or near chartered status with ICE or IStructE.
Micro drainage Windes software essential (PDS and Micro drainage Flood Flow preferred)