Rate: Negotiable depending on experience
Job Type: Contract
Location: North West
Expiration date: 25 August 2017
Working on projects related to Stanlow Oil Refinery the Senior Buyer will be required to define, analyse, develop sourcing strategy for the relevant category of spend. You will support a dynamic procurement team with on-going management of category and supplier base and work with internal Stakeholders through-out the requisition to pay process to ensure best value for the business. The Senior Buyer will also effectively manage Third Party spend for the relevant category in line with company Delegation of Authorities (DOA), relevant HSE and legislative requirements. You will also support the team in generating cost savings and continuous improvement whilst maintaining technically compliant supply.
Due to an increase in work load and a major shutdown in 2018. You will be responsible for the indirect services such as Plant hire, hired equipment, Recruitment/Agency support, transport, training etc.
• Implementation and management of a strategic category structure via clear Buyer Business Plans (BBP) and contract pipelines.
• Management and completion of all requests for quotations and approaches to market from site for all spend related to the category.
• Post Award management of all Contracts
• Develop and maintain required (management) reports and spend analysis and report value improvements.
• Communicate and manage relationship with suppliers and stakeholders.
• Responsible for contract strategy & award
• Participate in process and cost improvement activities. This includes participation or leading LEAN, Waste Elimination or Six Sigma projects and coaching the business organization with use of contracts
Establishing close network across the site to ensure early engagement and compliance with the Fundamentals of Purchasing.
Identify and implement best value solutions for all relevant requirements from the business.
• Relevant Technical or Business Degree or equivalent experience
• Relevant and recent experience in Indirect/onsite services.
• This is not a materials buying position you will experience in the following areas:
o Professional Services/Consulting
o Recruitment and Temp Staff
o Marketing and Brand
o Hired equipment
• Purchasing experience preferred
• Willing to/working towards or has achieved CIPS Professional Diploma (L6)
• Proven track record in negotiations, stakeholder and supplier relationship management and category management.
• ERP Systems Knowledge, especially SAP