Industry: Business Support
Job Type: Contract
Location: North West
Expiration date: 06 September 2017
Our client is a leading engineering contractor who due to an increase in projects and tenders require an experienced Buyer to join their busy procurement team. The project buyer will support the bid and sales teams with cost information for their proposals for new business along with managing the end to end purchase of plant, equipment and subcontracting resource from suppliers
• Work within a cross-functional team (Procurement, Sales and Bid Team, Engineering, Quality, Legal and others as required) to lead the supplier selection and contract award for work.
• Close support for the Bid Team in the preparation of cost information for the submission of proposals to prospective clients through the tender of requirements.
• Tender analysis and selection criteria definition (Supplier Evaluation Matrix).
Negotiations (define negotiation strategy and drive negotiation results).
Contract, together with legal support.
• Manage relationship with suppliers, securing their performance in perspective of their project deliverables (time, quality, costs):
• Strict adherence to the companies compliance requirements and leading and defining its application to other departments ways of working.
• Track contract commitments.
• Manage Change Order.
• Monitor KPIs.
• Analyse and evaluate capital and revenue options and lead decision making process
• Proven track record in a senior purchasing role
• Knowledge of procurement systems
• Knowledge of forms of contract – NEC3, MF1, ICHEME among others
• Knowledge of plant, equipment management and purchasing thereof
• Change management & continuous improvement
• Professional/post graduate purchasing or management qualification