Salary: Depending on Experience
Industry: Water & Utilities
Job Type: Permanent
Location: South East
Expiration date: 06 September 2017
We are working in partnership with a global consultancy that specialises in delivering project in the water and natural resources sectors. The provide support and engineering throughout the project lifecycle covering all disciplines operating in over 35 countries.
You will report directly to the Commercial Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Provide accurate and up to date Management Information
• Ensure contract financial transactions are completed on time and in accordance with contract terms and legislation
• All claims and disputes are resolved in an amicable and timely fashion making sure that subcontractor and supplier payments are expedited.
• Develop client relationships
• Timely submission of Accounts
• Ensuring debtors are kept to a minimum
• Maximisation of sales / variations
• Working closely with Regional Manager / Project Manager/Integrated Project Lead in maximising profit on the contracts
• Monitoring / scrutinising of costs and productivities
• Highlighting areas of concern / loss on any part of the contract
• Management of surveyors and commercial support working within the Integrated Project Team and other teams as required from time to time on behalf of the business.
• Undertake interim Project reviews and Project progress and cost reviews monthly
• Provide accurate and up to date commercial information to the SLT on a monthly basis
• Monitor and maintain positive cash position for the projects.
• Provide monthly PFFR and VOWD and other financial reports to finance on a monthly basis.
• Performance reporting
• Attend meetings with project teams to discuss cost v sale
• Ensure project teams are administering subcontracts and client contracts in accordance with the terms and conditions within
• WIP reporting
• Ensure accruals and applications are submitted in line with timetables/deadlines issued
• Provide tendering support to procurement as required
• Agree values and costs for projects
• Final Account, Preparation, Audit & Agreement
• Subcontractor engagement
• Assist Procurement to raise subcontract orders - complete subcontractor request forms and variations
• A proven track record of managing finances and budgets
• High degree of commercial awareness
• Experience of working within a Utilities / Civils background
Essential Experience :
• BSc or HNC/HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent construction related subject
• Strong operational management experience having lead staff
• Must have experience of different forms of contracts