Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 09 September 2017
The business is striving towards achieving the “Full Digital/Analytical Vehicle” and this role is responsible for delivering and maintaining an appropriate, robust, cost effective High Performance Compute capability and queue Management solution along with the planning for future expansion. Additionally, this role will be responsible for a proactive day to day approach to maintaining system availability from both a hardware & OS perspective. Finally, additional responsibilities will include secondary support for the incumbent ERP (Goldcrest) hardware and operation systems
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Manage both the High-Performance Compute environments & Queue Management system, including future upgrades
• Provide secondary support for GCS server hardware and OS (Prod and Labs)
• Maintain and update all relevant documentation, procedures and best practices.
• Escalate issues to 3rd parties when required.
• Responsible for maintaining hardware leases, firmware updates and OS patching to ensure stability and security
• Establish and maintain close contacts with any relevant Third Parties to exchange knowledge on developments / lessons to be learned, to develop future strategies.
• Assist with the Development & Delivery of appropriate future strategies for the HPC
• Maintain weekly meetings with customers for concern/issue capture and jointly agree future requirements.
• Identify opportunities for reduction in cost and time or increase robustness/quality of the HPC.
• Maintain appropriate performance metrics for Management
• Ensure appropriate backup policies are in place and documented
• The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor Degree and/or extensive relevant technical experience preferred.
• Good knowledge of Automotive engineering at a working level
• Good Unix skills & Scripting – Solaris/Linux
• HPC job queue management experience desirable.
• Well-developed IT skills
• Good presentation / documentation skills
• Must show a willingness to follow verbal or written instructions.
• Ability to complete assignments with minimum supervision.
• Team/customer oriented
• Ability to web search internally/externally for relevant information.
• Highly motivated with a desire to improve skills and progress the company.
• Driving Licence required.
• Keyboard skills required
• Possibly installation of hardware (monitors and base units)