Rate: £30-32 per hour
Job Type: Contract
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 14 July 2017
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real. The role exists to lead the Design and Development and release of bonnet and fender systems in support of (a) specific application(s) and as well to provide coaching and assistance to senior Engineers within team.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Create and manage releases for owned systems
• Lead commodity strategy activities for owned system after provisional system selection achieved
• Create and manage FESO documents for the system
• Co-ordinate and lead programme specific failure mode prevention activities (e.g. DFMEA, QHR, and Lessons Learnt Feedback).
• Manage virtual series through complete process (e.g. Grey to White)
• Manage physical build concerns from after point of containment to resolution (e.g. yellow to white)
• Lead cross functional design reviews for your system on a programme
• Lead assembly reviews with manufacturing Engineering to ensure build compatibility
• Provide surface compatibility feedback for owned systems to concept team
• Lead complex and chronic route cause analysis activities relating to owned systems.
• Work with suppliers to achieve manufacturing feasibility for owned systems
• Lead design of system to achieve functional performance targets including mass
• Create high quality cost packs for system to ensure PCE, purchasing and supplier have clear understanding of what to quote / estimate.
• Working with development team lead design of bucks / rigs to support FMA activities
• Create and manage interface matrix for owned systems to ensure cross functional interactions are confirmed in a timely manner.
• Create and manage application specific location strategy for owned systems.
• Provide coaching and assistance to senior Engineers within the front end BIW team.
Qualifications & Experience
• Experience within automotive industry, preferably with a broad range of experience, particularly within closures design and delivery.
• Experience in bonnet systems is essential including a knowledge of relevant legislation.
• Experience of working in high pressure pre-production and launch situations
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Good ability to clearly present information to all levels in the organisation.
• Knowledge of NX an advantage
• Knowledge of the AML AMPCS process would be beneficial.
• Knowledge and experience of Failure Mode Avoidance techniques.
• The ideal candidate will be a focused, highly motivated, results orientated individual who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
• Driving licence, Medical clearance to drive company vehicles.