Salary: £42,000 - £45,000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 25 October 2017
The purpose of this role is to construct Vehicle Package Layout CAD Geometry.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Create reference geometric package supporting Project Engineer, to meet PALs targets laid down by Vehicle Programme team.
• Create Layout in both 2D and 3D CAD.
• Negotiate component location with PMT and PMST reps to achieve efficient package safeguarding customer space targets and protecting legal and functional geometric requirements.
• Create engineering design and drawings to enable build and modification of physical package bucks.
• Project manage creation and modifications to package bucks.
• Run package meetings and provide package schemes to resolve cross functional issues.
• Raise and lead resolution of package related concerns.
• Support Virtual Series activity by ensuring delivery of CAD from PMTs to required maturity and conducting package target compliance analysis.
Qualifications & Experience
• Degree in Engineering
• Experience in whole vehicle package.
• Knowledge of legal requirements.
• Worked in a cross functional role in Automotive. Working knowledge of vehicle attributes would be an advantage.
• Ability to use Vis Mock-up to an advanced level, NX and Team Centre. MS Tools: Project, Excel, PowerPoint and word.
• Must show passion for sports cars.
• Must be a clear communicator, with good organisation skills. Must be able to negotiate and arbitrate between PMT's and PAT's to achieve the best geometric solutions for the product.
• Driving Licence - may be required to support benchmarking activities, so will need to attain AML level 3 permit.