Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 07 February 2018
Job Purpose Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real. The purpose of this role is to construct Vehicle Package Layout CAD Geometry.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Create reference geometric package supporting Project Engineer, to meet PALs targets laid down by Vehicle Programme team.
• Create Layout in both 2D and 3D CAD.
• Negotiate component location with PMT and PMST reps to achieve efficient package safeguarding customer space targets and protecting legal and functional geometric requirements.
• Create engineering design and drawings to enable build and modification of physical package bucks.
• Project manage creation and modifications to package bucks.
• Run package meetings and provide package schemes to resolve cross functional issues.
• Raise and lead resolution of package related concerns.
• Support Virtual Series activity by ensuring delivery of CAD from PMTs to required maturity and conducting package target compliance analysis.
Qualifications & Experience
• Degree in Engineering
• Experience in whole vehicle package.
• Knowledge of legal requirements.
• Worked in a cross functional role in Automotive. Working knowledge of vehicle attributes would be an advantage.
• Ability to use Vis Mock-up to an advanced level, NX and Team Centre. MS Tools: Project, Excel, PowerPoint and word.
• Must show passion for sports cars.
• Must be a clear communicator, with good organisation skills. Must be able to negotiate and arbitrate between PMT's and PAT's to achieve the best geometric solutions for the product.
• Driving Licence - may be required to support benchmarking activities, so will need to attain AML level 3 permit.