Salary: Dependent on Experience
Job Type: Contract
Location: South East
Expiration date: 19 September 2017
A vacancy has arisen for an Automotive Electrician on a contract basis for progressive and expanding luxury automotive client based in the Oxfordshire area to support the electrical components of new vehicles construction and commissioning. Working on both the whole vehicle and component testing in line with the programme objectives.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Determine vehicle specification for associated work plan.
• Manufacture/sub-assembly of relevant components
• Assemble components and fit to the vehicle / buck / layout board in sequence of build and to process planning sheets or job routing sheet.
• Throughout the build, continuously review the process to identify potential installation issues, then clearly communicate these issues to the engineers.
• Use appropriate diagnostic tools to investigate electrical problems, then determine a solution and implement it.
Qualifications & Experience
• A full electrical apprenticeship (or equivalent) and have relevant automotive experience.
• Specialised knowledge of auto electrics, harness manufacture, and electronic module experience (diagnostics) is essential.
• Knowledge of electrical security systems such as Thatcham Alarms.
• The ability to read, interpret and work to engineering circuit drawings /process sheets is necessary.
• The candidate must be able to carry out basic design of experiment work & problem solving.