Salary: £26-£28 per hour Ltd Co rate
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 14 July 2017
The role exists to work with the minimum of supervision within the Body Interiors Department on the design, development and release of Seating and Interior trim components. The primary role is to support the PMST and supervise the CAD Engineers in the production of finished designs and drawings ensuring all programme and component attribute and/or performance targets have been met or exceeded.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Review of detailed drawings to AML drafting standards including identification of SC’s/CC’s, reference points and individual part tolerances
• Preparation and ownership of engineering release packs where required
• Work under the direction of PMST leader on a day to day basis
• Supervise CAD Engineer in the development of components to meet the targets
• Support pre-production build events
• Support virtual build events
• Support tolerance studies to ensure manufacturing compatibility
• Support generation of DVP and DFMEA studies
• Ownership of Concerns resolution in ECMS2 including containment actions if required
• Liaison with external suppliers on technical issues
• Liaison with internal departments as required
Qualifications & Experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent within an engineering related discipline with automotive experience in component design.
• Experience of legislative and DV requirements for the design of Seating and Interior trim.
• Fully experienced in the design of seating componentry
• Knowledge of seating systems including mechanisms, structure, foams and trim.
• Knowledge of second and third row seating would be advantageous.
• Extensive knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Good ability to clearly present information to all levels in the organisation.
• Knowledge of NX an advantage
• Knowledge of AML MISSION (AMPCS) process and participation in PMST would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of the Failure Mode Avoidance techniques and processes would be an advantage.
• The ideal candidate will be a focused, highly motivated, results orientated individual who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
• Ability to work well within a team environment is essential.
• Driving licence, Medical clearance to drive company vehicles.