Salary: £26-£28 per hour Ltd Co rate
Job Type: Contract
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 19 September 2017
The job holder will work, with the minimum of supervision, on the realisation of component design & package of all aspects of Seating Assy for future vehicle platforms. Will produce finished detailed CAD designs and drawings. This role also requires some level of project engineering.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• CAD design and NX modelling of Seating and Interior trim components from concept to completion in line with Programme milestones.
• Preparation of detailed drawings to AML drafting standards
• Management of CAD into Teamcenter ensuring all model attributes are completed
• Preparation and completion of engineering release packs
• Work under the direction of Senior engineer/PMST leader on a day to day basis
• Support/investigate resolution of build issues during pre-production builds and launch
Qualifications & Experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent within an engineering related discipline with automotive experience in component design.
• Knowledge of Interior trim and Seating components, plastic injection mouldings, Vac formed parts, S-RIMM, machined metal products and metal bracketry etc.
• Knowledge of leather trimming and mechanism systems would also be advantageous.
• Good knowledge of GD&T.
• Experienced NX user essential.
• A basic knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of the AML MISSION process and participation in PMST teams would be beneficial.
• Knowledge of the Failure Mode Avoidance techniques and processes would be an advantage.
• The ideal candidate will be a focused, highly motivated, results orientated individual who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
• Ability to work well within a team environment is essential.
• Driving licence, Medical clearance to drive company vehicles.