Rate: £ 29-31 per hour
Job Type: Contract
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 14 July 2017
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real. The purpose of the role is to project manage the introduction of new or modified Telematics systems, Stolen Vehicle Tracking, E call, Glonass and lead connected car strategy.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Manage 5 year commodity strategy & get relevant new technologies to implementation ready within agreed Function budget, resource & timing.
• Create engineering guideline documents and archetypes for platform and non-platform engineered components.
• Work with application engineer & Product Cost Estimating to set platform commodity programme financial targets based on improved archetypes & strategic suppliers.
• Define to application engineer resource requirements (internal & external) for platform commodities.
• Ensure platform commodities achieve the programme’s cascaded system level targets, supporting Concept reviews as required.
• Deliver the programme QCWFT (quality, cost, weight, function and timing) requirements to the application engineer. TDC
• Ensure that the commodity meets the Function plan (with the component suppliers), creating & managing recovery plans as required. Includes releasing platform components (BoM, tooling launch).
• Monitor internal & external resource utilisation to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
• Create & manage the platform commodity’s virtual & physical DV plan.
• Ensures effective report writing to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
• Ensure that all platform concerns are robustly resolved & provide technical support for application concerns.
• Complete FESO documentation for platform commodities.
The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes:
• Engineering HNC / HND with experience specific to this commodity.
• Engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
• Preferably Chartered Engineering status or equivalent
• Proven record of delivering Electrical or Electronics commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing.
• Experience of delivering the following commodities: tracker & e-call, Telematics and connected services.
• Experience of working with external certification agencies for OEM approvals.
• Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing, concerns, containments, gateways and sign off documentation.
• Experience of leading a cross functional team, including complex issue resolution.
• Supplier management experience.
• Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion.
• Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
• Excellent knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
• Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create the components or systems.
• Must be able to both lead and work within teams effectively.
• Must be able to manage external suppliers to deliver best in class systems.
• Must have a good working knowledge of Stolen vehicle Tracking, Ecall and telematics.
• Must be able to project manage to deliver required attributes in budget, to quality and on time.
• Must be able to define and conduct relevant system testing to validate designs.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess an engineering mind-set and logical approach to problem solving.
• Must be able to manage large workloads in a high pressure environment and prioritise accordingly.
• Proactive approach to supporting prototype builds and resolving issues.
• Ability to analyse and validate supplier test data and develop recovery plans where necessary.
• Must be able to work under their own initiative with minimum supervision to deliver objectives.
• Should have a working knowledge of the Thatcham CAT5 specification and sign-off process for Stolen Vehicle Recovery Systems.
• Should have good presentation skills.
• Should have a good understanding of engineering process and a working knowledge of industry standard tool sets (FMEA, DVP, Six Sigma, PPAP etc.).
• A successful candidate must hit the ground running within a well-established team under significant daily pressure of work. The candidate must show strong character attributes as well as the necessary knowledge and experience above. The best candidate will be open-minded and lateral thinking in the face of stiff timing and product targets. The candidate must be proactive and trust their initiative using minimum supervision to produce practical solutions.