Salary: £45,000-50,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 04 October 2017
The purpose of this role is control of Design internal program activity, representation to external functions - reporting and informing to Design Managers/functional leads within Design Studio - supporting delivery of robust and detailed evidence based timing plans, tracking of programme deliverables/metrics down to part level to ensure delivery of programmes to target, representation of Design at all program related reviews.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Manage and track Design’s programme deliverables and ensure all deliverables are met in line with the departments and programmes targets.
• Internal Design resource and timing planning – Work with all internal Design functions to develop detailed commodity plans that deliver releases at the appropriate points based on clear, communicated and robust timing plans.
• Manage the integration of design internal functions to ensure programmes are delivered in the most efficient manner within the studio.
• Ownership, leadership and management of Design delivery processes and procedures. Initiate improvements to processes to gain product quality, efficiency and timing improvements.
• Be able to represent Design strongly and effectively in gateway/programme related meetings/ reviews.
• Organisation of internal Design reviews offering clear communication and distribution of relevant material within the studio.
• Coordination of Design responses to Programme Gateways, SEL’s, PDL’s etc, ensuring clear communication of the programmes requirements to the studio and vice versa.
• Report back into design functions based on external interaction/ requests/ feedback
• Work with Programme team, Functional Engineering teams, Marketing and other functions to ensure target setting, compatibility and delivery is robust.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Manage timing and support delivery of Showcars.
Qualifications & Experience
• Previous automotive experience at OEM or supplier.
• Degree or equivalent.
• Significant experience of complex planning and timing activities.
• Logical, objective approach to planning and problem solving.
• Broad design/programme process knowledge.
• Experience of MISSION/AMPCS principles preferred.