Salary: £40,000-45,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 11 October 2017
To supervise within Material Planning and Logistics the successful introduction of all SVO new model programmes and engineering changes whilst ensuring there is no disruption to the business.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• MP&L lead for Nebula Programme
• Ensure MP&L are ready for new model launch dates for SVO Programmes, including build phases, Mission gateway reviews and other milestones.
• Ensure the smooth transition of engineering changes into the business.
• Accountable for projecting future model obsolescent material risk and then putting actions in place to minimise this.
• Accountable for managing a team of 2+ direct reports.
• Represent MP&L in all SVO launch related meetings, ensuring all relevant parties are informed of any concerns raised and action is taken. Work with the New Model Launch Team to track build status and ensuring the correct parts are available to support the build programme.
• Develop and report out on metrics to show the progress of launch parts into the business.
• Co-ordinate the running of regular Open to Go meetings to identify issues and remove roadblocks to pre-production parts supply and Engineering changes.
• To co-ordinate production parts issues between MP&L Material Planners and Purchasing to ensure the correct parts are supplied for the correct build phase.
Key Performance Indicators
• New model and model revision projects delivered on time and to budget – no impact on operational metrics such as line stops and misfits.
• Engineering changes delivered – no impact on operational metrics such as line stops and misfits
• Obsolescent material costs below budget.
Qualifications & Experience
• Experience in new model launch introductions and engineering change is highly desirable.
• Experience of supervision and people processes is highly desirable.
• An awareness of Aston Martin Product Creation System / Mission would be an advantage.
• Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, together with the ability to work accurately and efficiently, taking resourceful action during periods of considerable pressure.
• Must be comfortable engaging at all levels of the organisation.
• Computer Literate essential, Microsoft Excel essential.
• Degree or Higher diploma qualified or equivalent preferable.