Salary: Dependent on experience
Industry: Water & Utilities
Job Type: Permanent
Location: North West
Expiration date: 13 October 2017
We are working in partnership with a global consultancy that specialises in delivering project in the water and natural resources sectors. The provide support and engineering throughout the project lifecycle covering all disciplines operating in over 35 countries.
An opportunity is available for an experienced quantity surveyor to assist an engineering contractor supporting various water industry projects
Roles and Responsibilities:
As Quantity Surveyor you will provide Quantity Surveying services and ensure that all contractual and financial entitlements are fulfilled. This role will be North West based across both joint venture and site based offices so you will need to be flexible with your approach to location as projects can be located in the Cumbrian region.
You will report directly to the Commercial Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
• Assistance to Project Managers on commercial matters
• Assistance in preparation, submission and agreement of interim payment applications to maximise the company’s cashflow
• Co-ordination to ensure contractual requirements are complied with
• General commercial management of sub-contractors
• Accurate and efficient measurement, identification and measurement of variations
• Production and agreement of final accounts and additional cost claims
• Placing sub contact orders and agreement of subcontract final accounts
• Ensuring that income from interim applications is received on time
• Liaison and co-ordination to ensure financial report is timely and accurate
• Measure and control key finances
• Maintain a positive and solution oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback
• Civil or Mechanical Engineering background
• Experience in a similar role
• Knowledge of NEC3 Option C form of contract
• Studying towards membership of an appropriate recognised professional institution
• Educated to B tech – Higher lever (preferably degree level in Quantity Surveying)
• Strong commercial background
• Ability to solicit views across multiple parties, lead discussions and manage interdependencies.
• Ability to build and develop relationships with other company employees including project managers
• A knowledge of water/wastewater industry
• Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to work with colleagues whose work will be impacted by your activities.