Salary: £34,000-38,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Expiration date: 17 October 2017
Job Purpose • Support, Develop and maintain the Flags Quality System • Support, Develop manufacturing interfaces such as EASE, Goldcrest, DC Tooling, Siemens PLC. • Support manufacturing systems team with other systems such as Flags, Secure gate & RFID systems.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• To liaise with Quality engineers for functionality and product specifications in order to specify configuration of vehicle details within the Flags software.
• Evaluate Flags system and look for improvements.
• To ensure new model content is updated prior to launch.
• To liaise with suppliers to ensure delivery requirements are achieved in a timely manner and within budget.
• To validate Flags software releases and introduce controlled trial process.
• To provide advice and assistance to production technicians, maintenance and systems in relation to system requirements and specifications.
• To support Production via radio, telephone & email enquiries.
• To ensure continuation of build through the production facility, with minimal downtime by adopting preventative maintenance philosophy.
• Control and collate electrical RFT data and data collection methods to provide the business with the information required to improve electrical RFT.
• Provide training of Flags System to members of staff as and when required.
• Investigate the use of new technologies whilst supporting existing production tools such as
Flags & RFID.
• Attend interdepartmental meetings to resolve problems, coordinate changes when requested.
Qualifications & Experience
• ONC minimum qualification with HNC / Degree or equivalent preferred, Engineer with experience in a Manufacturing/Engineering or within an IT/ software related environment.
• An extensive understanding of manufacturing Engineering practices is desirable.
• A good understanding of the software packages listed below is advantageous, training will be provided to the successful candidate.
• SQL DATABASE knowledge.
• Microsoft Office
• Adobe Photoshop or similar
• Microsoft Office
• Kepware OPC software Packages
• Cogent software Packages
• SQL Server Management Studio