Salary: £28,534 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 17 October 2017
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real The purpose of the role is to oversee all aspects of the Installation of new facilities and current facilities from a Maintenance point of view. Liaising with the Facilities Engineers to ensure deadlines are met. Maintain all manufacturing Plant, equipment and facilities in good working order. Improve equipment reliability by increasing the mean time between failures while reducing the mean time to repair.
The key responsibilities and tasks of the role include:
• Carry out repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner.
• Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance schedules.
• Carry out planned preventative maintenance schedules as necessary.
• Operate maintenance fork lift truck and elevated working platform as required.
• Assist visiting specialist engineers when necessary.
• Report faults and concerns to management.
• Be proactive in rectifying faults and issues.
• Make full use of the Computerised Maintenance Management System
• Plan / prioritise workload to support production and ensure efficient use of working time.
• Fill in job tickets / PMs on completion of work
• Manufacture spare parts as required (simple Bracketry Gaskets etc…) using lathes, milling machines, welding equipment, etc.
• Typical example of work would be to respond to maintenance request for equipment fault, diagnose fault, repair and return equipment to operational service. All work to be carried out with safety and efficiency in mind.
• Identify spares requirements and control / log usage.
• Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment.
• Work with team in stores organization and breakdown reduction.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful applicant will possess the following skills and attributes:
• Mechanical / Electrical based apprenticeship with City & Guilds or equivalent qualifications.
• Skilled machine tool electrician with experience of both relay logic and PLC control systems. Also a sound working knowledge of mechanical engineering.