Salary: £38,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 18 October 2017
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real. The purpose of this role is to design & develop new and existing vehicle electrical circuits in support of whole vehicle electrical architecture.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Manage circuit freeze timing to support harness manufacture & delivery, in support of programme timing for all pre-production and production builds.
• Collate Device Transmittal information from all vehicle electrical systems.
• Create circuit diagram schematics.
• Generate harness build lists.
• Create Harness Mod sheets.
• Support prototype build and Lab Car fault diagnosis & resolution
• Support production & after sales.
• Work closely with the Electrical Distribution System team and harness suppliers to meet harness delivery targets
• Control engineering concerns through electronic concern management system and report out to the line manager.
• Ability to think outside the box and generate new and better solutions for circuits & Electrical Distribution System.
• Ensure latest materials and technology are kept up to date and implemented at the earliest possible opportunity.
• Cross functional liaison working with: Manufacturing, Purchasing, Service, Quality, Logistics, Program Teams, Prototype Operations, and Legislation.
Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
• Experience in automotive electrical circuits design and development.
• Extensive knowledge of circuits, Electrical Distribution System and how they are manufactured.
• A working knowledge of Mentor Graphics Capital logic is advantageous
• Good experience and knowledge of vehicle electrical systems
• Experience of project management.
• Working knowledge of Relevant Regulations and approvals.
• Must be able to both lead and work within teams effectively
• Experience of leadership or evidence of leadership ability
• Manage a large workload in a high pressure environment with good report writing skills.
• Ability to analyse data from supplier testing and work to timely solutions when required.
• Must be proactive and trust their initiative using minimum supervision to produce practical solutions.
• Good IT skills with the ability to generate metrics through Excel spreadsheet management.
• Must have a clean and valid driving license.
The successful candidate must hit the ground running with a well-established team under significant daily pressure of work. The candidate must show strong character attributes as well as the necessary knowledge and experience above. The best candidate will be open-minded and lateral thinking in the face of stiff timing and product targets. The candidate must be proactive and trust their initiative using minimum supervision to produce practical solutions.