Rate: £31 PAYE per hour
Industry: Built Environment & Infrastructure
Job Type: Contract
Expiration date: 21 October 2017
Assistant Traffic Engineer
Assist in assessing and advising on planning applications, investigating and responding to traffic and road safety related enquiries, developing local policies and designing, procuring and supervising the construction of small-medium highway and road safety improvements.
This requirement will mainly be to assist with dealing with planning applications affection the county roads through Highway Development Control.
Essential Experience :
• HNC in civil engineering or other relevant discipline.
• Experience in a civil engineering or traffic/transport related field.
• Good ICT skills. Proficiency in the use of CAD software, and the ability to interpret map based information and systems.
• Experience in the design, procurement and supervision of the construction of small-medium road improvement or road safety schemes
• Ability to develop engineering solutions to solve traffic, highway design and road safety problems.
• Ability to make objective recommendations and decisions on traffic and development control related issues affecting highways and other departmental assets.