Salary: £45,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 04 November 2017
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real. The purpose of this role is to aid the delivery of key vehicle attributes.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Coordination of vehicle concept layout in assistance to Vehicle Engineering Manager.
• Work closely with attribute leaders, marketing and programme teams to enable delivery of vehicle attributes to produce product in line with expectations.
• Support and conduct whole vehicle, attribute and system benchmarking and help to generate appropriate targets for the product.
• Work with PMT areas to develop whole vehicle, system and component DVP that delivers robust vehicle supporting targets.
• Work with the relevant departments to plan and execute prototype builds including number of vehicles, specification and prototype commodity plans to ensure builds are fit for purpose.
• Work with PMT areas to ensure robust FDJ through use of virtual builds and assessment of target delivery.
• Manage Prototype fleet and apportioning of development testing to achieve robust FEC.
• Assist in concern resolution with engineering and attribute teams including regular reviews and reporting as required.
• Assist with management reviews and drive assessments as required.
• Support PMT / PMST meetings as required acting as the voice of Vehicle Engineering.
• Attend and present in Technical Forums, programme PSTs, and other programme reviews as required.
• Act as stand-in for the Vehicle Engineering Manager when required.
• Take a lead role in minor model programmes including concept work and attribute lead.
• Capable to work within tight time frames and relatively stressful working environment.
Qualifications & Experience
• Automotive or Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent.
• NX CAD capability would be highly beneficial.
• Whole vehicle or complex system programme coordination / management experience.
• Extensive knowledge of whole vehicle attributes.
• Experience in component design, development and sign off.
• Experienced vehicle assessor. R202 training beneficial.
• Expert user of Microsoft Office tools particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
• Confident and authoritative presentation skills.
• Should be self-motivated and able to work independently.
• Passionate about the product promoting pride throughout the programme.
• Able to build up good working relationships across a wide area of the business, and a broad range of external technical partners.
• Full valid UK driving license (AML Level 4 driver trained preferable).