Salary: £32,017 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 04 November 2017
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real. The purpose of this role is to build, prepare, service and maintain Aston Martin prototype vehicles / bucks to facilitate both whole vehicle & component testing in line with design verification programme objectives of all future AM products.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Preparation & shakedown of prototype vehicles/bucks for DVP testing, attribute sign-off events, mileage accumulation.
• Carry out servicing and safety checks on prototype vehicles.
• Support prototype test vehicles whilst on test, both in the UK and abroad.
• Manufacture /sub-assembly of relevant components
• Assembly of components and fit to vehicle / buck in sequence of build and to process planning sheets or work request sheet.
• Full electrical system fault analysis and rectification using diagnostic tools
• Will have good soldering skills at connector & PCB level.
• Will be able to work to circuit diagrams / electrical schematics.
• Will have experience working with Hybrid or Electric vehicles or working with High Voltage systems
Qualifications & Experience
• Full Apprenticeship (Motor Vehicle background) ideally to HNC level
• Vehicle Electrical Experience
• Prototype Test Vehicle Experience
• Knowledge of vehicle electrical systems and ability to work to engineering / circuit diagrams.
• Understanding of computer systems and software including MS Word & Excel.
• Knowledge of Vehicle Diagnostic Tools
• Knowledge of Monaco & Canalyser analyse tools
• Team player but also able to work independently
• Self-starting, relishes challenges
• Problem solver
• Flexible and adaptable to new situations
• Ability to travel to support tests