Salary: £35,000-40,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Expiration date: 04 November 2017
Job Purpose With contracts now exchanged, Aston Martin has now commenced work on ‘Phase II’ of the St Athan site which involves conversion of the ‘Super Hangars’ that will house the new manufacturing facility We now have a fantastic opportunity to join the Manufacturing Engineering team on the St Athan project as Senior Engineer – Trim and Final Assembly The Manufacturing Engineering team are responsible for providing continuous improvements in both process and quality engineering for the teams they support. The role will be based at the Aston Martin headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire for an initial term of approximately 18 months and will then relocate to be permanently based at St Athan, South Wales.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
• Leadership: Manage Manufacturing Engineers’ workload and personal development, providing support and guidance when required. Represent Manufacturing Engineering at management feedback meetings, cascading information effectively to the immediate team.
• Process: Produce detailed process operation sheets, including visual aids, torque & tooling detail, quality requirements and safety information.
• Facilities / Layout: Work with Logistics & Facilities to determine efficient station layouts, including modifications to existing facilities, racking & part presentation requirements. Liaise with external suppliers of equipment and compile necessary documents for implementation and approval.
• Manpower: Work with Industrial Engineers to develop effective manpower requirements reflecting volume mix and model specification, including methods improvements to achieve hours per car target.
• Tooling: Select appropriate jigs and fixtures, including specialised hand tools and power tool requirements to meet vehicle quality and hours per car targets, whilst ensuring operator safety targets are achieved.
• Health and Safety: Liaise with the Health and Safety department to ensure all processes and materials are suitable for the manufacturing environment. Complete project Environmental Checklists when raising Projects.
• Production Support: Investigate and resolve Manufacturing Engineering related build issues, providing timely containments to ensure that product quality is not compromised and inform technicians of process changes.
• Quality Improvements: Work with Current Vehicle Engineering to ensure new or modified product content is integrated seamlessly into the production environment.
• Technical Support: Provide information about build process / sequence and technical specifications.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will hold a degree level qualification in manufacturing engineering or equivalent. We seek an individual who has worked in a similar environment and can demonstrate knowledge and expertise in Manufacturing Engineering procedures and standards.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate excellent team behaviours and strong verbal communication skills along with sound technical knowledge. The ability to negotiate, influence and operate autonomously are critical to the role.
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. You have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment - fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic.