Industry: Power & Energy
Job Type: Permanent
Location: North West
Expiration date: 08 November 2017
Our client a local power plant operator is looking for an EC&I Technician to support ongoing maintenance and reactive breakdown maintenance. This preventative maintenance and fault finding and repair of unplanned breakdowns will help insure maximum availability of plant and equipment.
Key responsibilities will include:-
• Maintenance, testing and calibration of plant electrical, electronic, IT & digital control systems.
• Supervision of maintenance contracts and projects.
• Ensuring equipment compliance with all relevant consent and environmental consents.
• Ensuring all EC&I activities, spares and information are correctly inputted into the Maintenance Management Software.
• Carrying out equipment monitoring controls.
• Assessing spares quantity levels and ensuring a sufficient stock is kept.
• Identifying and taking proactive measures to improve plant operations shortfalls.
• Assisting management in co-ordinating and planning the daily maintenance activities.
• Assist in outage planning, scheduling and co-ordination.
Ideally you will have experience of the following:-
• Maintenance and repair of DCS / SCADA and PLCs, both Analogue and Digital.
• Reading and interpreting P&IDs and checking Electrical Drawings.
• Using analogue and digital instrumentation calibration tools.
• Reading and interpreting isometric diagrams.
• A good understanding of HSE Aspects.
Knowledge of power generation operations and maintenance associated with any of the following, will be of benefit to your application:-
• Steam turbines.
• Balance of Plant.
• Electrical generation and distribution up to 11Kv
• Plant control and instrumentation.
• Computer Aided Maintenance.