Rate: Dependent on experience
Job Type: Contract
Location: North West
Expiration date: 09 November 2017
Our client is a leading international engineering, project management and services provider to the highly regulated nuclear, defence, oil & gas, and science & research industries. They are currently seeking a Principal Mechanical Engineers to work on a major new project for one of their key clients within the nuclear engineering sector.
As a senior member of the Engineering Design Management Team, you will manage multi-discipline engineering resources to ensure design delivery to projects and adherence to design processes and standards.
The Principal Engineer is principally a design delivery role from a technical perspective working across a multi-disciplined design team. The Principal Engineer is usually responsible for delivering the design within their own discipline with frequent liaison / management of engineers within the design team from other disciplines. The Principal Engineer also provides technical guidance and imparts knowledge to Senior Engineers, Lead Engineers, Design engineers, Graduates and Designers.
Key responsibilities as a Principal Mechanical Engineer
• Liaison with the Intelligent Customer
• Develop and reinforce the safety culture
• Governance of the Engineering deliverables
• Checking/Approval of documents and drawings
• Regularly interacts with clients and managers of other engineering disciplines
• Compliance with safety regulations (e.g. CDM and CE marking)
• Develop cost effective technical solutions
• Leading the team to effectively meet the defined engineering scope
• Guiding technical solutions
• Experience in the application of Safety Related Systems to engineering design
• Supporting the Chief Discipline Engineer in the communication of best practices across the design delivery team
Ideally you will have the following skills, qualifications experience and attributes…
• Degree Qualified in a relevant technical / engineering discipline.
• Full Membership of a discipline specific institution (e.g. I MechE; I StructE; IChemE etc).
• Registered Chartered status in discipline specific Engineering Council.
• >10 years’ experience in a senior role in the management and delivery of the design of process / materials handling plants preferably in the nuclear environment, or other equivalent highly regulated industry
• High knowledge of Statutory and Safety Regulations and their appropriate utilisation.
• Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions.
• Management of discipline specific engineering and design teams.
• High level of commercial awareness.
• Ability in the leadership of a technical team within a project delivery environment. Organisation and collaboration skills when working to difficult project deadlines.
• Proven track record within a complex project environment with strong organisational & interpersonal skills.
• Able to develop engineering capability response in support of bid returns