Salary: £50,000 per year
Job Type: Contract
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 09 November 2017
This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract and the purpose of this role is to provide materials, project management and development services to body engineering design and release functions and overall vehicle PQ attribute management.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Responsible for development of vehicle sensory Perceived Quality processes, personnel and attribute delivery.
• Support the development of new materials.
• Support material selection, target generation, specifications to ensure robust engineering performance for all body related attributes in all real world applications of our products.
• Manage and develop body engineering test facilities for materials and body development.
• Support, where appropriate, materials testing and issue investigation across other departments – Total Value Management, quality etc.
• Responsible for the execution of all materials & body development testing and DV progression.
• Line management of body project leaders, materials team leader, body development team leader, Perceived Quality team leader, Design Verification Plan engineer and body engineering administrator.
• The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
• Degree in relevant subject or equivalent experience
• Extensive automotive industry experience
• Experience of Perceived Quality processes
• Experience of materials selection, testing, process development
• Experience of body development attribute management
• Experience of body development and materials laboratory facilities management
• Strong people management skills
• Able to lead strategic planning processes
• Excellent presentation skills
• Expert in MS Excel / Powerpoint
• Understanding of financial management principles
• Working knowledge of Aesthetica Perceived Quality software / Showcase
• Understanding of body mechanisms and closures durability
• Understanding of new materials technology development & testing
• Excellent organisational skills – both of self and others
• Comfortable working to deadlines and holding others to those deadlines
• Able to influence others – even when direct reporting lines are not present