Salary: £30,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 09 November 2017
The purpose of the role is to lead and control engineering delivery for vehicle attributes and commodity engineering. To coordinate and plan DVP activities, leading to FEC and FESO.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Coordination of vehicle concept layout in assistance to Vehicle Engineering Leader.
• Work closely with attribute leaders, marketing and programme teams to help facilitate delivery of vehicle attributes in line with product expectations.
• Support whole vehicle, attribute and system benchmarking and help to generate appropriate targets for the product.
• Work with Programme Module Team areas to develop whole vehicle, system and component Design Verification Plan that delivers robust vehicle supporting targets.
• Work with the relevant departments to plan and execute prototype builds including specification and prototype commodity plans to ensure builds are fit for purpose.
• Work with Programme Module Team areas to ensure robust Final Data Judgement through use of virtual builds and assessment of target delivery.
• Assist running of prototype fleet and apportioning of development testing to achieve robust Final Engineering Complete.
• Concern resolution with engineering and attribute teams including regular reviews and reporting as required.
• Assist with management reviews and drive assessments as required.
• Support Programme Module Team / Programme Module Sub Team meetings as required acting as the voice of Vehicle Engineering.
• Attend and present in Technical Forums, Programme Steering Teams, and other programme reviews as required.
• Act as stand-in for the Vehicle Engineering Leader when required.
Qualifications & Experience
• Automotive or Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent.
• Extensive experience working in a leadership role within Vehicle Engineering Management.
• Whole vehicle or complex system programme coordination / management experience.
• Extensive knowledge of product development / creation systems.
• Experience in component design, development and sign off.
• Expert user of Microsoft Office tools particularly PowerPoint and Excel. Confident giving presentations.