Industry: Built Environment & Infrastructure
Job Type: Permanent
Expiration date: 02 January 2018
We are assisting a leading development and construction company that specialises in homes, accommodation and building projects across the UK. Due to continued growth, an opportunity is available for a Quantity Surveyor to join the Homes Private Rental Scheme division based in St Asaph.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Measure every material/quantities required for site by analysing drawings.
• Liaise with subcontractors for quotations.
• Compare prices from different costs.
• Chase subcontractors for prices.
• Prepare Subcontract orders for approval by Senior QS.
• Prepare subcontract payments with current contracts and final accounts/ check retention value.
• Pass quotation costs to Senior Quantity Surveyor for authorisation, approval or feedback.
• Adhere to budgets and source quotations which provide best value and best quality.
• Pass procurement information to relevant Quantity Surveyor for approval.
• Input cost data for subcontractors.
• Monitor and review quotations and costs and where necessary negotiate with subcontractors to secure best value and best quality.
• Liaise with subcontractors on site work issues.
• Visit site to observe progress of works including recording any subcontract issues.
• Attend progress meetings.
• To consult with Quantity Surveyor for continuous mentoring support including discussing good practice and work related issues on a daily basis.
• Progress own minor contracts from commencement through to completion including undertaking all roles as done by a Quantity Surveyor requesting assistance where required.
• Providing monthly budgets recently for own contracts.
• Develop writing correspondence to subcontractors on site issues including ensuring specific outcomes in discussion with Quantity Surveyor.
• Develop knowledge of filing system for subcontractor’s correspondence for site.
• Control the drawings issued from the office rack and ensure other Assistant Quantity Surveyors/ Trainee Quantity Surveyors complies with their duties for placing and sorting of the drawings as required.
• Open Communication
• Promote Teamwork
• Develop, Support & Motivate Others
• Achieving Results
• Building Trust
• Delegate and empower
Essential Experience :
• Degree qualified or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline
• Chartered Status or equivalent professional status in a related discipline
• Previous Quantity Surveyor experience