Job Type: Permanent
Expiration date: 07 February 2018
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The purpose of this role is to lead a team to create commodity strategy plans, deliver R&D and innovation projects to improve the design of those commodities. To create new design archetypes and deliver vehicle application projects.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
Manage 5 year commodity strategy & get relevant new technologies to implementation ready within agreed Function budget, resource & timing.
Create engineering guideline documents and archetypes for platform and non-platform engineered components.
Work with application engineer & Product Cost Estimating to set platform commodity programme Financial targets based on improved archetypes & strategic suppliers.
Define to application engineer resource requirements (internal & external) for platform commodities.
Ensure platform commodities achieve the programme’s cascaded system level targets, supporting Concept reviews as required.
Deliver the programme QCWFT (quality, cost, weight, function and timing) requirements to the application engineer. TDC
Ensure that the commodity meets the Function plan (with the component suppliers), creating & managing recovery plans as required. Includes releasing platform components (BoM, tooling launch).
Monitor internal & external resource utilisation to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
Create & manage the platform commodity’s virtual & physical DV plan.
Ensures effective report writing to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
Ensure that all platform concerns are robustly resolved & provide technical support for application concerns.
Complete FESO documentation for platform commodities.
Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering degree or equivalent. Preferably Chartered Engineering status or equivalent.
• Proven record of delivering Electrical or Electronics Commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing.
• Experience of delivering one of the following commodities: infotainment, audio, cluster & displays, tracker & e-call, antennas, switchgear, lighting, camera & PDC’s, body electronics, power management, EDS.
• Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing, concerns, containments, gateways and sign off documentation.
• Experience of leading a cross functional team, including complex issue resolution.
• Experience of leading a small engineering team of direct reports – desirable not essential.
• Supplier management experience
• Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
• Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
• Excellent knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
• Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create the components or systems.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels
• Confident presenter
• Microsoft project experience is desirable
• Excellent financial management skills
• Strategic thinking
• Must be able to project manage and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. You have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment - fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic
Please click on the 'apply online' button to submit your application.