Principal Chartered Civil Engineer
We are working on behalf of our client and due to an increased workload, we are urgently looking to recruit a Principal Engineer in the Birmingham area.
This vacancy represents a very real opportunity to work with a leading consultancy, achieve your ambitions and develop your career alongside the best in the industry.
- Our client requires an experienced chartered Principal Engineer to manage and lead multi-disciplinary teams in the delivery of major infrastructure projects to time and budget.
- You will provide multi-disciplinary technical support to their teams of civil engineers and manage the technical accuracy of project delivery.
- You will provide support and mentorship to senior civil engineers undertaking technical design work.
- You will act as Contractor's Responsible Engineer (CRE) or Contractor's Engineering Manager (CEM) for a range of rail projects.
- You will front meetings, interface with fellow professional disciplines, co-ordinate and programme design and deliverables to meet deadlines, and monitor spend against budgets.
Candidate Specification: Required criteria for a Principal Civil Engineer
- be chartered with good management and design experience in heavy civil engineering projects,
- be experienced in the design of multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects,
- have experience of working with Network Rail and Railway Standards,
- have CRE and/or CEM experience on major rail infrastructure projects,
- have a good working knowledge of Eurocodes and structural design software such as STAAD, MIDAS and TEDDS,
- have a good working knowledge in 3D drafting and BIM software such as Rivet and AECOsim,
- have excellent communication skills, be client facing and used to interfacing and co-ordinating with other fellow professionals,
- be at the forefront of innovation and sustainability,
- have excellent communication and presentation skills,
- also have the ability to coach and mentor senior engineering staff
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme - Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
*****Multi-disciplined rail experience essential for this role*****
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.