Industry: Built Environment & Infrastructure
Job Type: Permanent
Expiration date: 02 January 2018
We are assisting a leading development and construction company that specialises in homes, accommodation and building projects across the UK An opportunity is available for an experienced Residential Site Manager, based in North Wales. Managing a prestigious development of newly built contemporary homes consisting of 1 bedroom apartments, and 2 & 3 bedroom houses, alongside a Grade II listed building coming soon with only 12 exclusive apartments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage build ensuring company standards and procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Monitor construction working programme with contracts manager on a weekly basis.
• Study drawings and be aware of forecast costs, budgets in order to minimise waste and maximise value.
• Manage sub-contractors, labour, plant and materials – issuing requisitions for plant, labour and materials as required to meet programme.
• Monitor plant equipment costs and preliminaries including set up, cost of plant and office.
• Ensure effective communication with sub-contractors.
• Maintain efficiency and high standards at all times.
• Complete on time or ahead of time.
• Arrange meetings with quantity surveyors, buyers and other key stakeholders (as applicable) take place regularly throughout contract and meeting minutes are kept on file for all parties to refer back to.
• Arrange, attend and minute internal progress meetings as required.
• Liaise with quantity surveyor and sub-contractors to discuss possible damages and time loss immediately as they arise.
• Produce correspondence in conjunction with quantity surveyor and contracts manager including maintaining filing system.
• Monitor and review quality assurance.
• Review and manage Health & Safety ensuring company Health & Safety procedures are adhered to, to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
• Record and log accident report forms in line with company policy.
• Discuss site issues and progress with contract manager.
• Minimise costs by monitoring and reviewing site wastage, materials, time, labour and plant.
• Maintain morale on site by communicating regularly with all site colleagues, discussing and reviewing issues and sharing good practice.
• Ensure good public / customer care relations with neighbours and the public.
• Ensure subcontractors project requirements are met.
• Check material measurement and take offs from drawings including checking drawing practicality.
• Carry out Health & Safety, machinery, plant, scaffolding, excavation and quality inspections as required, ensuring weekly registers are updated.
• Supervision and direction of sub-contractors to meet programme requirements.
• Attend sub-contractor pre-start meetings with contracts manager and quantity surveyor.
• Deliver induction to site operatives.
• Monitor subcontract and site operative requirements and liaise accordingly when they are no longer required.
• Delegate and check material to site as ordered.
• Communicate 4 week rolling programme regularly with site operatives.
• Discuss and review site operatives and subcontractors tasks.
• Preparing site for air test in accordance with building regulations.
• Check and sign for materials delivered to site, ensuring records are kept for all deliveries.
• Set up and maintain adequate welfare site boundary including traffic management.
• Produce and provide method statements and risk assessments.
• Provide risk assessments and maintain correct procedures.
• Maintain good working relations with operations/ client.
• Discuss issues promptly and provide solutions.
• Check and record weekly safety inspections sheets, material requisitions, personal protective equipment registers, permit to dig, HOT works permit and others when required.
• Communicate WJG job vacancies to site operatives.
• Other relevant tasks as required.
• Open Communication
• Promote Teamwork
• Develop, Support & Motivate Others
• Achieving Results
• Building Trust
• Delegate & Empower
Essential Experience :
• Previous Site Management experience in Housing