Industry: Built Environment & Infrastructure
Job Type: Permanent
Location: East Midlands
Expiration date: 27 December 2017
An opportunity is available for a Civil Engineer to assist on various water industry projects supporting a leading consultancy in their busy Peterborough office.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Working as part of the infrastructure team you will have the opportunity to deliver design solutions on a variety of water infrastructure projects. You will work alongside the construction team, enabling team (environmental constraints), hydraulic modellers and AW's networks team to define the best value option. This is a challenging role and you will have to deliver schemes to time and cost and reduce carbon in project solutions.
You will have the opportunity to develop the career that you want, working on leading projects within the water sector. You will be helping to deliver new solutions that reduce carbon and lower client costs whilst making a difference to the wider public. You will also be involved in:
• A wide range of diverse and challenging schemes within water being delivered as part of the new AMP6 framework package of works.
• Supporting the civil engineering team and supply chain’s journey to move to Building Information Modelling (BIM) delivery for all projects.
• The civil elements of standard design and products to aid repeatability within designs.
• Representing the company in technical meetings with client and contractor partners.
• Supporting more junior members of the team whilst providing technical and professional guidance.
• Chartered engineer (or working towards Chartership)
• Civil engineering experience in the water/wastewater industry with a pipeline background
• Ideally you will have clean water experience but we will also look at candidates with wastewater experience
• Experience of writing impact assessment plans
• You should be able to challenge both hydraulic modellers and the delivery team to realise efficiencies using their knowledge of design and construction techniques
• Ability to deliver waste and clean water infra projects and the ability to deliver to time and cost and reduce carbon in project solutions.
• Proactive approach to problem solving
• Strong customer service skills
Civil engineering experience in the water/wastewater industry with a pipeline background