Industry: Built Environment & Infrastructure
Job Type: Permanent
Expiration date: 27 December 2017
An opportunity available for a Principal Civil Engineer to assist in various Water Industry working with a leading consultancy based in Reading.
We are working in partnership with a global engineering, management and development consultancy that delivers projects across the globe in the Water, Infrastructure, Rail, Nuclear, Oil & Gas and Energy Industries.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will join an innovative and motivated team of engineers, preparing outline and detailed civil engineering designs, producing technical and commercial specifications, drawings and schedules, working in close partnership with clients and contractors. This role will present your with a fantastic opportunity to further develop your technical and management skills through your project work, with great prospects for career progression as the business continues to grow.
• Chartered or Incorporated engineer, or working towards
• Extensive water industry experience (wastewater networks would be advantageous)
• Understanding of designer’s responsibilities under CDM
• Experience of working in multidisciplinary teams
• Experience of managing clients and other project stakeholders
• Project management experience (at least of the design element of a project)
• Experience of delivering DG5 flood alleviation schemes for UK water companies
• Knowledge of Infoworks (CS and/or ICM)
• Experience of checking and reviewing the work of others
• Experience of GIS systems
• Wastewater treatment experience
• S98 and S185 design experience
Proven experience as a Civil Engineer supporting the water industry
Experience of managing projects and small teams