Industry: Built Environment & Infrastructure
Job Type: Permanent
Location: North West
Expiration date: 26 December 2017
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Architectural Technician to join their current, multi-disciplined design team, based within their Rochdale office.
Reporting to the Principal Architect, your primary responsibility would be for the Architectural design processes from concept through detailed design including an involvement in delivering the project on site.
In line with their core business sectors, The majority of your work will be in the Pharmaceutical, Healthcare and Food and Drink Sectors, providing detailed designs on projects ranging from sensitive research facilities to complex and demanding sterile manufacturing environments.
You would be expected to be an integral part of a multi-service design and installation team and be proactive in ensuring effective communication and production of good quality information.
You will be responsible for the development of architectural solutions to meet both client and legislative requirements and in particular to carry out the following:-
• Undertake detailed surveys
• Preparation of design and working drawings
• Prepare construction specifications
• Preparation of drawings and documentation for statutory submission
• Compliance with CDM including the preparation of design risk assessments
• Look for opportunities to provide a unique design solution to improve profitability.
• Minimum HNC qualified in Building Studies but ideally qualified to degree level.
• Experienced in design and co-ordination of turnkey projects including construction, HVAC, mechanical and electrical works.
• Experienced in the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets is preferred particularly in the construction of laboratories and cleanrooms.
• Conversant with ISO 9001 quality systems and procedures.
• Conversant with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Project and a working knowledge of AutoCAD systems.
• Fully conversant with REVIT.
• Fully conversant with CDM regulations and able to operate at senior level in fulfilling the role of principal contractor.