Job Type: Contract
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 26 December 2017
The purpose of this role is to provide fabrication, bonding and assembly support for the build of prototype properties.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Competent in Aston Martin related adhesive application and disciplines.
• Fabrication covering both Aluminium and Steel work.
• Manufacture of thin gauge components from flat sheet.
• Manufacture of Prototype tooling necessary for program support.
• General machining capabilities to include lathe, vertical miller etc.
• Experience of prototype and / or race vehicle assembly required.
• Produce templates directly from the vehicle and use them to manufacture simple brackets.
Qualifications & Experience
• Apprenticeship required.
• Further education to HND
• Post training experience in disciplines identified.
• Working in the assembly of prototype or race vehicles.
• Must have worked with and without drawings to develop mechanical installation solutions.
• Must be able to weld range of materials
• Ability to fabricate thin gauge components from flat sheet.
• Competent in body assembly using adhesive joining processes.
• Must feel comfortable working as part of a team or by themselves.
• Must have good communication skills.
• Flexibility on work location will be required with the majority of time spent between Wellesbourne and Gaydon, with occasional at other locations.