Salary: £40'000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 26 December 2017
This role is responsible for developing and delivering quality disciplines relating to vehicle and component design, development and launch for all current and future Special Vehicles within Aston Martin. The successful candidate will work closely with both the supply base and within AML to ensure new vehicles are delivered and produced to the correct quality, volume and cost.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Manage the delivery of off tool, off process 100% accurate parts and final part approval for responsible commodities through Aston Martin Part Approval Process (AMPAP)
• Use of automotive engineering quality tools (i.e. DFMEA, PFMEA, PPAP, APQP, 8D, PPS)
• Confirm supplier manufacturing capacity status and ensure no negative impact to supply and quality during new model launch.
• Work closely with our supply base to define improvement plans.
• Drive quality history reviews and campaign prevention related activities to ensure no repeat issues from previous models.
• Agree the vehicle and parts quality requirement with PD, programme, manufacturing and suppliers to exceed customer expectations.
Qualifications & Experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams of various sizes, across all areas and influence the delivery of those teams.
• Experienced problem solver.
• Skills in reliability and robustness engineering.
• Knowledge of Quality Tools and techniques for design.
• High degree of numeracy and knowledge of statistical techniques is also an advantage.
• Proven ability to lead cross functional team meetings and define clear improvement action plans.
• Ability to self-manage and work under pressure to deliver quality, production and engineering requirements and thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.