Rate: Dependent on experience
Job Type: Permanent
Expiration date: 06 January 2017
An opportunity is available for an experienced Procurement Officer to join the team, to assist the Procurement Manager in the delivery of a professional Procurement service to projects and the Company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Reporting directly to the Procurement Manager, and working closely with the Commercial Manager on project delivery, you will be required to deliver all procurement activities on specific projects and bid support as identified in the portfolio.
• To undertake activity with Subcontractors and Suppliers to obtain best value for money for the business including production of Subcontract documents to seek right price, quality and safety and help manage Company risk.
• To represent the company as a point of contact for external suppliers and internal customers as required.
• You will work closely with our department stakeholders and other functions within the project environment to deliver an efficient Procurement service on projects
• You will have gained at least five year’s experience in a procurement role and, if appropriate, at least two of these years since your qualification as a member of CIPS.
• A qualification in a relevant business management/administration including a legal/contract bias would be beneficial for the role but is not mandatory.
• You will be qualified as a Chartered Member of the Institute of Purchasing and Supply
• Five years proven experience in a procurement role, preferably within Nuclear
• Qualified and a Chartered Member of the Institute of Purchasing and Supply