Job Type: Permanent
Expiration date: 07 February 2018
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of the Weight, Centre of Gravity and Inertial properties for current and future programs.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Use benchmark data to develop targets for Weight, Centre of Gravity and Inertial properties to support attribute teams.
• Review vehicle & systems with program application engineers to highlight sensitivity of weight status and distribution on vehicle attributes.
• Develop, document and report status against targets, highlighting consequences of package options, across vehicle attribute group.
• Plan activities within the boundaries set by MISSION, to demonstrate target achievement by the program gateways.
• Work closely with the vehicle attribute and application engineers to ensure vehicle meets weight targets.
• Write Engineering Reports to support the above.
• Write local Processes/Procedures as required.
• Support relevant PMT/PAT meetings as required.
• Follow Aston Martin MISSION product creation process and ensure all required information and actions are completed according to agreed programme cost, time and quality contract.
Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering Degree essential, with a materials or vehicle attribute bias desirable.
• Extensive experience within an automotive or automotive components supplier group.
• Experience of vehicle package / concept would be desirable, as would be working in a Vehicle Attribute department.
• Experience in materials development / materials selection would be an advantage.
• MISSION knowledge or equivalent process knowledge (AMPCS, GPDS, FPDS).
• Must be able to negotiate and arbitrate between PMT's and PAT's to achieve the best solutions for the product.
• Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs.
• A clear communicator, with good organisation skills and also excellent analytical skills.
• Team player and competent in all MS Tools: Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• A working knowledge of Teamcentre and NX would be desirable.
• Driving Licence - may be required to support benchmarking activities.
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. You have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment - fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic
Please click on the 'apply online' button to submit your application.