Job Type: Contract
Location: South East
Expiration date: 03 February 2018
We are assisting a leading engineering & project management contractor that specialises in the delivery of projects in highly regulated industries that include defence, oil & gas, nuclear and research.
An assignment is available for a Project Quantity Surveyor to support a project based in Harwell.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Utilise best practice tools and processes to support project delivery in Quantity Surveying.
• Manage projects through the entire project lifecycle.
• Prepare cost plans and tender documentation using various forms of measurement and contracts.
• Be proficient in measurement for Schedule of Works and Bills of Quantities production.
• Prepare and agree interim valuations with contractors and issue recommendations for payment.
• Pricing variations throughout the duration of the contract and provide cost advice.
• Attend site meetings, and provide input and support to the project.
• Price and prepare monthly financial cost reports and cashflow forecasts throughout the period of a contract.
• Agree re-measurement of quantities with contractors, and prepare and agree final accounts and claims. Prepare final accounts for clients.
• Preparation and analysis of statistical cost information to monitor trends in the nuclear Industry and assisting with cost planning future projects.
• Administer and provide advice on contracts, typically the NEC forms of contract.
• Good general commercial awareness.
• Able to act on own initiative as well as part of a team
• Degree in Quantity Surveying.
• Working knowledge of NEC.
• Post contract knowledge and experience.
• Main contractor environment experience.